Up to 11.5 Contact & Professional Development Hours: The Kentucky Storytelling Association will provide documentation of hours earned for any Full Conference Registrant. Teachers should seek approval for continuing education credit within their individual school districts. The hours listed after sessions in the schedule below are the Contact Hours approved by the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives.
Location: Unless noted otherwise, all sessions take place in Room 307.
Friday, November 4
6:30 7:00 p.m. Registration
7 8:30 pm, Free Storytelling Concert featuring Harold & Jonatha Wright, Youth Storytelling Torchbearers, and open-mic storytelling. (1.5 hours)
8:30 8:45 p.m. Intermission
8:45 10:00 p.m. Free Late Night Story Slam -- Competition, 5 minute time limit. (1.25 hours)
Saturday, November 5
8 8:15 a.m. Registration
8:15 8:45 a.m. Welcome
8:45 9:15 a.m. Open-mic storytelling (0.5 hours)
9:15 11:45 a.m. Workshops 1, 2, 3 (2.25 hours; this session includes a 15 minute break)
1. Twisting the Tale. Presenter: Laura J. Brobow. Location: Room 308.
2. Pathways to Adding a Second Language to Your Tales. Presenter: Carrie Sue Ayvar. Location: Room 307.
3. Mining Your Personal Narratives: Developing 5 Minute Slam Stories. Presenters: Amanda Hay & Mick Parsons. Location: Room 306.
11:45 a.m. 1:00 p.m. Lunch on your own & Story Store open
1:00 1:30 p.m. Open-mic Storytelling (0.5 hours)
1:30 2:00 p.m. KSA Membership Meeting
2:00 2:15 p.m. Break & Story Store open
2:15 3:30 p.m. Workshops 4, 5, 6 (1.25 hours)
4. Enhance Your Storytelling Through Toastmasters. Presenter: Steve Lanham. Location: Room 308.
5. Team Up! Tell in Tandem. Presenters: Jonatha & Harold Wright. Location: Room 307.
6. Playful Creativity: Breaking Blocks, Deepening Telling, Fooling Your Insecurities Away. Presenter: Laura Packer. Location: Room 306.
3:30 3:45 p.m. Break & Story Store open
3:45 5:00 p.m. Workshops 7, 8, 9 (1.25 hours)
7. Thinking Beyond the Festival: Building A Storytelling Series. Presenter: Adam Booth. Location: Room 308.
8. Thawing the Frozen Form: Telling (from) a Written Tale. Presenter: Jo Ann Dadisman. Location: Room 307.
9. Getting Into Character. Presenter: Judy Butterfly Farlow. Location: Room 306.
5:00 - 5:10 p.m. Break & Story Store open
5:10 5:40 p.m. Open mic (0.5 hours)
5:40- 7:00 p.m. Supper on your own & Story Store open
7:00 9:30 p.m. Free Storytelling Concert, featuring Jonatha & Harold Wright, Youth Storytelling Torchbearers, and open-mic storytelling. (2.5 hours)
The Free Storytelling Concerts on both Friday and Saturday evenings are made possible through a partnership with Pike County Public Library District.
ASL Interpreters for the Deaf are made possible through a partnership
with the Knowledge Center on Deafness.
ASL Interpretation provided Friday and Saturday evenings. If you need interpreters for the conference workshop sessions, please use the Registration Form to make your request when you register for the Conference.
|Copyright 2006-2017 by Kentucky Storytelling Association. All Rights Reserved. Revised February 16, 2017||Web site designed by Kate Dudding|